Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ellie Mae

Meet Ellie Mae



Some of you may know from my instagram, my hubby graduated from paramedic school last week (; In June he found this small kennel of chocolate labs and had emailed the owner talking to her about buying one of her pups. With him finishing school and me starting I told him maybe now wasn't the right time.If y'all are friends with me on Facebook you know that he since then has tagged me in probably 50 photos of chocolate labs. Little did he know soon after he told me about this kennel "Texas Prairie Labradors" I emailed her myself and let her know I wanted to get him a puppy as a graduation present. She was so excited! So the puppies were born 6/6 I drove down to El campo on July 8th ...which is 4hours from our hometown to visit and pick a puppy out. D had NO idea. Donna and Alan were seriously some of the nicest people I had met. I told them about the plan and it was time to pick a puppy eeek. I truly wished that I could have told D and let him pick his puppy because I was so nervous I wasn't picking the "right" one. I knew he wanted a female so we limited that down but there were 5 to choose from. So I narrowed it down to these 2...
ALL of their puppies are adorable and perfect. I decided in some way I needed to let D pick his dog. I ask Donna to send me an email with the 2 I had narrowed it down to and I showed the picture to D and said that she had just uploaded the picture to fb with the only 2 females left from Maggies liter. (he had decided on Maggies liter)  So he looked at the picture and sent me a text and said the one on the right is gorgeous, which was the runt I emailed Donna and let her know that he had chosen. A little while later we are talking and somehow he says something about the puppy on the our left, I said I thought you liked the puppy on the right he said well their right..........OMG at this point I was so ready to tell him haha. There was another family that got to pick before us and thankfully they didn't pick our Ellie. So without him knowing on August 3rd I told him that I was taking my cousin from Lake Jackson back home and went and got the puppy (; Great wife award. I had also put together a surprise party for him at one of the local restaurants that has a patio. So we had planned to eat with his family that night and then TA-DA surprise our co-workers and lots of family and friends. I had to give him the dog pretty fast because it was hot and she was in a box (: 
He was so excited! 
So expect lots of pictures on the instagram (: 


No comments:

Post a Comment