Saturday, August 10, 2013

Guest Blog a couple weeks ago

Hi Heart Shape Sweat friends, 



Today I am guest posting for Kristine while she is spending time with those precious boys of hers all 3 of them (;





Since Kristine is so athletic I choose to write about my fitness journey. 
All through high school I was not really skinny but not fit either. I played sports until my junior year and then decided that it was not that important anymore. I had played outside of high school as well and think I was most likely burnt out. I graduated and went to Lubbock to attend college. My college lifestyle was definitely not the healthiest so of course I gained about 15 pounds. During college I signed up for  yoga (: which btw if you have not tried it you should, people joke that it is not a workout but I disagree.  Other than yoga I chose to work full time so no other activities. At this point I was super unhealthy, fast food, wine, college life=not good. I moved back to my hometown in 2008 nothing changed really besides my weight up a little more. In 2009 my magical year I started working out with a friend of mine who I worked with. We had a Biggest Loser Challenge at my work and that offcially started my workout journey. I won (: I lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks, an awesome start! 
Brittni(friend from the bank) was not athletic at the time  so we started from scratch. Literally girls scratch like walking almost 80% of the time and that was not our original goal. We got addicted to running and ran everyday after work, some days I would run twice a day because it felt so good. I felt so good about myself, inside and out. It was such a stress reliever to know that during those 40-60 minutes no one would interrupt me and I could have the music as loud as I wanted and have my OWN thoughts. It was amazing. 

This was one of the first couple of races. 

Brittni and I did our first race in September 2009 and I got 1st in my age group, if that isn't the boast any of us runners needed. It was a small race but still first is first. After that we started signing up for races around the adjoining counties, we lived to run. I will add that we were not changing up our routine for the most part we changed our course occasionally but not the workout. Our pace improved by about 15 seconds max. After about 8 months straight of running 5-6 times a week I started making excuses to not go and run. I look back now and know that I was so burnt out on running. I am way to outgoing to only run and not try anything else. 

So fast forward to the end of 2010... I met my now hubby D, so of course I made every excuse possible to not work out and  to spend time with him. I once again put all that weight BACK on. If any of you have been in my shoes it's like that weight appears over night. I never notice how much weight is back until it's too late and BAM it's going to take a while to get it all off. It is so discouraging.
D and I got engaged in 2011 and married in 2012 throughout our engagement I worked anywhere from 3-4 at a time just trying to put my self through college, so no workouts again. I briefly hired a trainer during the engagement but just could not keep up with the demanding work schedules and the exhausting workouts. 



Here we are 2013 I have made goals for this year( I will share on my blog soon) . I want to be the girl who loved to run and have my own time, but I also want to help other people feel the way I do about running. Y'all if you have never run/walk/biked/swam laps I challenge you to get out of your house for 40-60minutes twice a week. I would love to see pictures of you working out and your opinions. I am in no way a trained fitness anything but I am a small town girl who has always struggled with my weight and I promise I will help you stay motivated. We need motivation and honestly the best motivation is to see someone else doing it and not making excuses. 
Exercise can clear your head like nothing else.

(After the Color Run in Austin, TX (: 

I hope all you ladies come and visit me at my blog (:  


1 comment: